A Scary Surgery Tuesday

If you have not been reading about Baby Jonah Silverberg and praying with us, you can join us right now. Back posts are searchable on this sites search box or even on web searching.

Baby Jonah will be facing yet another surgery Tuesday the 22nd. After being born with a major heart deformaty only about four months ago, this tiny boy has not even been able to go home to his missionary parents home with his older brother and sisters. Marty and Val Silverberg have had to face numerous surgeries, near death episodes, nutritional concerns, brain functioning scares, recently a sepsis infection due to numerous blood transfusions and now … tomorrow, Tuesday, March 22nd, little Jonah faces a life threatening surgery as they place a trachiotomy tube which may prove too great a strain on his weak heart.

Dear Praying Family,
 
Jonah is still not receiving food.
He is on IV drip.
 
Val has decided to go ahead w/ Tracheotomy surgery.
She wants to be able to take him home.
He cannot breathe on his own. Drs. say it is a mystery why.
He is not able to digest nutrients either.
Trach surgery comes w/ risk of fatal heart attack.
Hoping for surgery this week.
Little Jonah has been thru so much.
Please continue to Pray w/ us for a miraculous recovery.
Also, we all need strength to go on.
 
We have received much encouragement from some of you, esp those, going thru or having gone thru similiar. Thank you for sharing w/ us your pain and encouraging us.
 
In spite of reports stating different, we are still w/o any help either at home or at the hospital.
We are grateful for a woman and her daughter who want to come and help from 2 hours away, and are prayerfully working thru the best way to receive their help, which may be available Mondays and Saturday afternoon.
 
Thank you so very much for your continued prayer support during this long and difficult time.
Jonah will be 12 weeks old on Tuesday.
 
In Christ’s Love,
Marty for Val

AND THEN

Dear Praying Family,
 
We received a call tonight that Jonah will have the Trach put in tomorrow, which is Tuesday, 3/22/11.
 
Val is a bit out of sorts as the heart specialist is weary of this trach surgery at this time, and Jonah’s ability to live thru this. Val feels it needs to be done, and I support her decision.
 
Also found ouit from Josh’s bus driver that tomorrow, Tuesday is a half day for Josh, further pushing things out of sorts. We had many other things on the sched for tomorrow also, we’ll see what the Lord allows.
 
Thank you again for your prayers.
 
In Christ’s Love,
Marty for Val

I hope you will keep this tiny soul, his family and the surgeons and nurses who care for him in you prayers.

Dear Val & Marty,
I am especially praying for you to have blessed assurance and that your darling little one will be cradled in the loving arms of God as he faces this next big event. I do believe God is sparing the child much of the pain we loved ones fear he is going through. We have such a loving and merciful Father.
Alongside you in the Spirit, Ellen


bookmark bookmark bookmark bookmark bookmark bookmark bookmark bookmark bookmark bookmark bookmark bookmark
tabs-top


Leave a Reply